Monday, March 30, 2009

Fully Committed

Well, I'm reading 2 chronicles again. I'm actually reading through the Bible for the 2nd time and am amazed how much more I have gotten out of it this second time through. If you don't have a good commentary, GET ONE! It has made all the difference in understanding for me. However, 2 Chronicles for the most part retells 2 Kings and it is kind of boring me. With that said, I actually thought this morning about skipping on ahead to Ezra, but decided against it. much Glad I did, because I found some very good nuggets of information in my reading this morning.

First, I love all of the verses in the O.T. about seeking God and finding Him. I have actually started a list of all of these different verses - there are alot! So, 2 Chron. 15:2 "...The Lord is with you when you are with Him. If you SEEK Him, He will be FOUND by you, but if you FORSAKE Him, He will forsake you." And then again, vs. 12 "They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their ancestors, with all their heart and soul." Vs. 15 "...They sought God eagerly, and He was found by them..." Wow. I love those verses. I don't know about you, but I am actively seeking Him. I am eagerly seeking Him. I want to be found by Him!

Second, this verse really stood out to me. 2 Chron. 16: 9 "For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are FULLY committed to Him..." So from this verse we can gather that a) He wants our FULL and TOTAL committment; and b) He will strengthen our hearts once He has our full and total committment. Isn't that awesome? Just picture God sitting up there scanning the whole earth (I picture Him with binoculars, but that is kind of silly, I know) for His children whose hearts are Fully committed to seeking Him! Can't you just see Him, looking from left to right "...nope, nope, nope, Oh, wait....there's one...bam! Heart strengthened...nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, Oh, wait! Another one! bam! Heart strengthened! I really hope when His scan gets to me He says "Bam! Heart strengthened!" How about you?

2 comments:

  1. I am finishing Judges and getting ready to go to Ruth.

    I, too, am always amazed that I find new things in the Scripture. Sometimes it is insight and sometimes I think those passages must have been totally hidden from me that last time through.

    That verse makes me think of the one in Peter about "your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion."

    ReplyDelete
  2. i definitely want to be bammed!

    ReplyDelete