Well.... Summer has arrived, hence the reason it has been almost a month since my last post. Life is CRAZY! With all four kiddos home, teaching fitness classes four mornings a week, and working on my other project in the afternoon, I don't even have time to think not to mention POST a blog!
I'm currently reading Psalms and Song of Solomon (simultaneously). I just love Psalms. The more I read it, the more I love it. David is just so darned eloquent. Imagine if we went around speaking like that these days. People would think we were off our rocker! A verse I read this morning was Ps. 18:32 "It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure." I love this verse, but I was particularly excited because I knew that verse from 2 Sam. 22:33 - it says the same exact thing. I just love that I am starting to know the Bible well enough that I would recognize that! A year ago I never would've picked up on that!
Anyways, Song of Solomon is also interesting. Pretty sure if I told Chris (my hubbie) that he was "like a gazelle or young stag...leaping across the mountains...." or called him "my beloved", he would think I had officially lost it!
But, thanks to my commentary, I did learn some interesting things so far from this book (I've only read the first two chapters ).
1. Three things are crucial to a successful marriage: -protection of the wife by the husband
-intimacy between spouses
-obvious displays and expressions of love
2. Also, the point was made that a characteristic of genuine love is to be ALONE with your mate. An easy thing while you are dating, but not so easy once you have a herd of kiddos (we have 4)! But, if love is to grow, you must find time to be alone!
So, I have things to work on. Being affectionate does not come naturally to me. (And my husband really likes affection!) Also, displaying my love. This shouldn't be that hard, but I told you at the beginning of this post just how crazy-busy my life is, so it is hard. Sometimes, at the end of the day, I just don't have anything else to give. I just want to climb in my bed with my sweetarts and book and not think about anybody else's needs! And, last, making time to be alone with him. This is a hard one for us. Even if we plan a date, we are usually both so tired we just decide to stay home and order Chinese food. We gotta' make the effort!
Expectations for 2012
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment