Thanks toLori, I have titled this Godsequence #2.
So, you have to read my previous blog to get this, but here goes:
I just finished reading the book of Esther in the Old Testament. I was going to move on to Job, but then my brother emailed me his pastor's teachings on the book of Esther. So, every morning for the last 5 days or so, I have been listening to him on my computer. It has been very informative and eye-opening. I have learned WAY more from him then I did from just reading the book on my own.
So, this morning I was on ch. 6 which is where suddenly Mordecai is being honored and Haman has to honor him. Pretty funny irony! And that is where the pastor took this. He said that he thought Ester ch. 6 is the best ex. of God's Providence in the whole Bible. And there are alot of examples of God's providence in the Bible! The definition of Providence (by this pastor) is "the hand of God in the glove of human events". I love that.
Anyways, he talks about the 10 "coincidences" in this book which I don't have time to go into. However, one of these was that King Xerxes had insomnia - so he called for the book of Chronicles to read. This book was what tipped him off to the fact that Mordecai had actually saved his life 5 years ago and was never properly rewarded. The irony of this is that Haman was just on his way in to tell the king he wanted to kill Mordecai and all of the Jews. But that never happened because God led Xerxes to READ THE BOOK!
So, this pastor's point was "Can God direct someone to read a book?" The answer of course is yes, as seen by the above-mentioned story. He goes on to give other examples of people that were led to read books that changed their lives - C.S. Lewis, Augustine the Bishop, etc.
Anyways, I just find this hugely "ironic" that I would hear this message this morning right after I post last night how I feel that God was communicating with me thru His written Word. And the fasting book that led me into this whole last couple of blogs! God is good and He certainly does have a good way of getting His points across!
Expectations for 2012
14 years ago
That's very cool!
ReplyDeleteMy reading this morning was Psalm 106, 107 in the Message.