Friday, May 1, 2009

God is So Good

Well, today was one of the best days I've had in a lONG time! We found out that Kennedy, my best friend's daughter diagnosed with leukemia 16 days ago, is officially in remission! Last friday her % of leukemia cells in her bone marrow was 86% and today, 1 wk and 1 day later, it was down to less than 5%!!! Which officially makes her "in remission".

What is truly amazing is that her mom and I decided we should do a 24 hour fasting and prayer time before they found out the results this morning. So, we started the fast yesterday at 1:00 and went until today at 1. I emailed tons of people, as did she, and then those people emailed tons of people, etc. I'm not really sure how many people participated in the fast, but personally I knew of around 20 - but I think the number was far greater than that.

What is interesting is that I never knew until recently that we are actually CALLED to fast in the Bible. Matthew 6 says that the three things Christians are required to do are: pray, give, and fast. How did I never know this all my life? God obviously took notice of the large amount of people praying and fasting in this instance. However, I will say that I was ready to praise God even if her # wasn't down. Although it would've been much harder than praising Him for the awesome news we got today.

The thing that I have learned is that even though God has a plan and He knows what is going to happen, He still desires us to pray. This is our way of communicating with Him. And He wants to answer our prayers.

So, to God be the glory, great things He has done!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am so very pleased for Kennedy and her parents and friends. It is a wonderful privilege the Lord gives us to participate with Him through prayer.

    Surely it is a mystery. But there are many mysteries and the older I become the less need I feel to understand them. Being as opposed to doing I suppose.

    I add my praise of the Lord to yours. I am thankful and grateful that you sought out so many people to pray for Kennedy and her family.

    Peace and grace in the name of Jesus the King.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful testimony to the power of God!!

    ReplyDelete